We are currently in the midst of engagement season! We are very excited to hear all of the wonderful stories, and see the beautiful rings! With an engagement there comes lots of excitement and so many things you want to do, but there are a few things that you should get started on right away.
1. Announce the news! Make sure to let all those close to you about the news first before announcing it all over social media. There are some things in our social media kind of world that should still be kept private before announcing it on the internet. You certainly don’t want to upset anyone if they were to find out over social media.
2. Set a budget. Finances can always be a touchy subject for couples, but now is definitely the time to discuss the budget. It will be the deciding factor on many things in your wedding. This will also be where you realize there are certain things you want to spend more money on than others. When you set the budget, STICK TO THE BUDGET! I know it’s easier said than done, but you need to stick to it!
3. When? You don’t need to set a specific date, but deciding on the general time of year and month will help when deciding on a venue, and picking very in demand vendors.
4. Guest Count. A rough estimate of your guest count will need to be decided early on, since this will also play a part in your venue options.
5. Venue and Vendor Picks. If you know the venue and or vendors you NEED to have for your wedding are very high in demand, you’ll want to begin contacting them sooner rather than later.
6. Hire a wedding planner. A wedding planner can help you with everything you need for your big day! Keep you organized right from the beginning!
But most of all; ENJOY THE MOMENT. In midst of all of the excitement, make sure to take time just for the two of you!